Drogheda Women's & Children's Refuge Centre Ltd.
Since 1998, Drogheda Women's & Children's Refuge has offered a number of services to families who are being physically, emotionally, sexually or mentally abused in their own home. We work from a self-help, mutual aid philosophy, which means working with people in a way which acknowledges their strength and courage and offers a range of choices and options. We are non-judgemental and non-directive, and respond empathetically rather than sympathetically, all in confidence.We are now on Facebook, Drogheda Womens and Children's Refuge Centre
For Vacancies go to our Vacancies page
A safety plan is a series of actions you can take when you feel afraid or threatened. Such a plan, prepared in advance, would maximise safety and prevent panic. You may wish to consider some of the following:
- Having a mobile phone for use in an emergency.
- Call the Gardaí on 999 if you have been assaulted or are in fear of an assault. They can advise and guide on the legal aspects of domestic abuse.
- Hiding emergency money, keys and important documents with a friend for easy access in an emergency. These would include marriage certificate and your own and your children's birth certificates, photographs of previous injuries, your own and your children's medical cards, PPS number and /or social welfare card, children's allowance book, bank / credit union book, passport. Begin to collect these items now so you wont have to return for them.
- Have voicemail set up on your phone so you can screen calls..
- Contact Drogheda Women's and Children's Refuge, they can help you prepare for emergencies. 041-9844550